October 21st, 2007
Here’s installment #5 of my VB.NET interview questions series.
Feel free to add a comment with your answers. Try to answer them before looking at the comments or searching MSDN or Google for an extra challenge.
True Or False
1. You can access variables declared in the Try block inside the corresponding Catch handler.
2. You don’t need to specify a default value for an optional parameter.
3. When updating a bound control, you should call a DataSet’s Clear method before calling the DataAdapter’s Fill method.
4. When a web form is ready for garbage collection the Unload event is raised.
5. The AdRotator control can be bound to a database table.
General VB.NET Questions
1. Explain the 3 basic tiers found in a well designed web application.
2. Explain the difference between TCP, UDP, and HTTP data transmissions.
3. When would you want to use "Attach To Process" to debug a .NET application?
4. Describe how you would go about validating a social security number entered by a user.
5. Describe methods you could use to avoid deadlock problems in a multithreaded application.
Tough General Interview Questions
1. What habits in other programmers do you find most annoying?
2. How much time do you devote on a monthly basis to improving your skills?
3. Do you see yourself in a management role in the future?
4. Why did you choose programmer as a career?
5. What do you think is important in determining how well you will function with a team of programmers?
Open Ended Questions
1. What criteria would you use to determine if a particular program should be written as a web based ASP.NET application or as a WinForms application?
2. If you needed to create custom web applications for each of a company’s clients that could be quickly brought online and modified as needed what are some of the things you would consider in your design?
Have fun with these and let me know what you think about them by leaving a comment or answering the questions.
Entry Filed under: VB.NET Interview Questions
Rate This Article: