October 28th, 2007
Here’s installment #6 of my VB.NET interview questions series.
Feel free to add a comment with your answers. Try to answer them before looking at the comments or searching MSDN or Google for an extra challenge.
True Or False
1. Base-class constructors are not inherited by derived classes.
2. A class may only implement a single interface.
3. A checkbox may have either a square or circular appearance.
4. HttpSessionState can only store string values.
5. A page object’s IsPostBack property is used to determine if the page is being loaded due to a postback.
General VB.NET Questions
1. Should you throw exceptions in the Finally block? Why or why not?
2. How do you create a scrolling region on a form?
3. What are some differences between CType and DirectCast?
4. Should you use a "sp_" prefix on SQL Server stored procedures? Why or why not?
5. If you have an ASP.NET application with a Master Page how can you change meta data from child pages?
Tough General Interview Questions
1. How do you think your previous experience will help you perform your work here?
2. Would you say that you’re a competitive person? Why or why not?
3. Why did you decided to get a degree in [job candidates college major]?
4. Why do you want to work at [insert company name here]?
5. Give an example of how you applied creativity in your current/former job?
Open Ended Questions
1. Describe what you consider to be best practices for creating a testing environment.
2. You are given the task of developing an interface to a vendor’s web service. The documentation is very minimal for it and may be outdated. What approach would you take to developing this interface?
Have fun with these and let me know what you think about them by leaving a comment or answering the questions.
Entry Filed under: VB.NET Interview Questions
Rate This Article: